What is coaching?
Wikipedia defines coaching as "a form of development in which an experienced person, called a coach, supports a learner or client in achieving a specific personal or professional goal by providing training and guidance."
In practice coaching is a form of consulting or you could even think of it as tutoring around specific challenges you are facing. I do not limit a session to any specific type of coaching, you may be looking for help around habits, developing better routines, or stress reduction. During a different session or even the same session you may want to dive in business, marketing, freelancing, or better performance or focus at work. Maybe you want to explore meditation and mindfulness.
Ultimately its focusing on you, what is working, whats not working, and changes or techniques might help you moving forward. Coaching is more concerned about the path forward, then your past.
What are my qualifications?
I have combined-type ADHD, which I was diagnosed with in elementary school. Over the years I have come to the belief that my minds operating system works exactly opposite of those around me. Which also meant i had to come up with my own ways to do things. I started to think of my day-to-day life as if it was a computer program. How can I rewrite the algorithm for doing something, in a way that would actually work for me and serve me. Over the years, as my understandings of myself and the world around me changed have had to rewrite and tweak many of those algorithm.
Professionally, I have been a freelance Web Developer and Project Manager for over 25 years. I have had my own ups and downs, including almost becoming homeless a number of times. As well as co-owning a business that raised over $250,000 in angel investments. Managing a number of projects that spanned years, and costing a fair penny to complete.
I know to well the challenges of freelancing and being self employed, and how ADHD affects everyday life. Please check out the Who Am I
page too, which talks more about who I am, and how I got into tech. There are also a number of photos of me and my dog.
What should you know?
- You need to commit to be open and willing to experiment with SOME of the techniques, tricks, and concepts we might explore.
- I believe in transparency, as such my hourly rate is $60 USD.
- I am located on the west coast of America, in the PST time zone which is gmt-7 or gmt-8 depending on daylight savings. I am mostly available in afternoons and evenings.
- I bill via invoice which can be paid via PayPal, or ATM/Credit Card. Payment is due within 14 days of invoice date, or prior to your next session, which ever is sooner. You may also choose to be automatically billed.
Do you need coaching?
Personally I believe everyone can benefit from coaching, but if you answer yes to more that 3 of these questions than coaching would probably significantly help you.
- You would like to make changes in your life, but have no idea where to start.
- Struggle staying accountable to yourself and the projects you would like to get done?
- Do you have trouble focusing?
- Do you feel lost, or unsure of your path forward?
- Are you stuck in a rut that you can't seem to escape from?
- Is it difficult for you to maintain focus?
- My life is a disorganized mess?
- How to I take control of my tasks and know what to work on when?
- How do I start a business or take the next step with my business?
- I am struggling freelancer
What might I be able to help you with?
- Routine check-ins and follow ups
- Improving your focus
- Task management
- Developing routines
- Creating better habits
- Finding your path
- Setting up smart devices to create robot mom
- Using technology to help you
- Business operations
- Digital Marketing / Growth Hacking concepts
- Being more authentic
- Minimalism / Simple living concepts
- Stress reduction
Wacky Task Buddy
Task Buddy is a virtual co-working and accountability space, where we can work together in a chat room/video call. When you sign in, you will list out your goals for that session. We will occasionally encourage you, check-in on how your doing, or even gently nudge you if you seem to have gotten off track or behind with your goals for that session.